Friday, January 1, 2016

Audiobook: The Rosie Effect

The Rosie Effect is the second book in the Don Tillman series by Graeme Simsion. Don has moved and started a new portion of his life, but no matter of openness or planning can prepare him for what comes next!

(picture taken from Goodreads)

Conclusion:  Simsion ended his story well. Although I was angry for a good portion of the book, he stayed true to the characters. What I really like about Simsion's writing is that it's honest. I feel as though these characters could be real people dealing with their own issues and their friend's problems, as well. You have one unusual, caring guy who's kind of holding together this random assortment of people who have little in common. And all of them are well-developed, flawed characters. But I kind of hope he writes something different next, not another book in this series. As much as I love Don and can think of lots of crazy adventures for his family and friends to have next, I'm afraid the series has already run its course. I was mad enough Rosie for most of this book, not sure I could handle her in the next step of her life. But if he does write another in the series, I'll read it, hopelessly curious as I am. Oh, and shout-out to Dan O-Grady for being a fun audiobook narrator! He does a great job with this series, and I'd love to find what else he's narrated.

Recommendation: If you've read The Rosie Project and want to see what happens next for Don Tillman, this is the book for you! I wouldn't really recommend this one separate from the first book.

This is my twelfth listen for the 2015 Audiobook Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment