Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A Winter's Respite Read-a-Thon Wrap-Up

A Winter's Respite Read-A-Thon hosted by Seasons of Reading is now over, and I must say I did fairly well! Forcing myself to relax and just read on my days off was a nice break from the constant motion in which I usually find myself, and it's affected my mood for the better overall!


My goals were to read my two waiting short stories for the Deal Me In Challenge, to read a graphic novel, and to finish at least one of the books at which I've been chipping away for a while. I completed all of my goals, so below is the final list of what I finished:
 
"The Depressed Person" by David Foster Wallace
"Delicate Edible Birds" by Lauren Groff
Invincible, Volume 1: Family Matters by Robert Kirkman, Bill Crabtree, and Cory Walker
The Great Library: Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine

Reviews to come soon (and I'll link them back here for your convenience)! I've also made some progress in other books, which I've listed below so you can see what I'm reading now:

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
Age of Legends: Forest of Ruin by Kelley Armstrong
The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz
The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There by Catherynne M. Valente
 
What are you all reading now? I'd love to hear about it! And if you want some more ideas of what to pick up next, follow the links at the top of the page to see what everyone else read for this read-a-thon!

No comments:

Post a Comment