Sunday, January 3, 2016

2015 Wrap-Up

I'm ready to wrap-up 2015! Who's with me? I've already done the final individual posts for each of my challenges, so I'll add a link here to click-through for titles and more information. I feel pretty good about my challenges for 2015, although I did choose easier, more general challenges for the year. So maybe for 2016 I need to challenge myself more! I'm also including a few short lists of some of my favorites and not-so-favorites for the year, since I didn't do the recent "top ten" posts I keep seeing around--enjoy!

Challenges with a goal:
We Read Diverse Books Challenge
Original Goal: 12 months, 12 books
Adjusted Goal: 9 challenges, 9 books
Read: 7 books
Incomplete

Banned Books Challenge
Original Goal: Trouble-Maker, 3-5 books
Adjusted Goal: Rabble-Rouser, 6-9 books
Read: 6 books
Both goals completed!

2015 TBR Pile Reading Challenge
Original Goal: A Friendly Hug, 11-20 books
Read: 18 books
Original goal completed!

2015 Audiobook Challenge
Original Goal: Stenographer, 10-15 books
Read: 13 books
Original goal completed!

Just for fun/Challenges without a goal:
Where Are You Reading Challenge 2015

Literary Pickers Reading Challenge 2015

Top 7 Books Read in 2015 (in random order):
Still Alice by Lisa Genova
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente

Books started in 2015 that I decided not to finish:
Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami
Canyon Sacrifice by Scott Graham
Billy in the Lowground by Sumner Wilson

Books finished in 2015 that I ran out of time to review:

Be on the look-out soon for some of those unfinished book reviews and a post on what you can expect from me in 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment