Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A Winter's Respite Read-A-Thon 2016

It's read-a-thon time! This week, January 18-24, is A Winter's Respite Read-A-Thon hosted by Seasons of Reading.


I haven't formally participated in a read-a-thon before, so this should be fun. I'm hoping a week will be long enough for me to do some damage. And by damage, I mean reading, of course! ;) My first goal is to read my short stories for last week and this week for the Deal Me In Challenge, because I'm already a little behind. Also, I've had a craving to read a graphic novel lately. I haven't decided which one I'm going to read, but I have a lot of them sitting around waiting for me, so it shouldn't be hard to knock one out. Lastly, I'd like to finish at least one of the books at which I've been chipping away, surely but slowly. I'll list all of these below for your convenience:

"The Depressed Person" by David Foster Wallace
"Delicate Edible Birds" by Lauren Groff
graphic novel
Forest of Ruin by Kelley Armstrong
Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine
The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz
The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick

Honestly, though, if I get a fair amount of reading done this week (on books I'm in the middle of), it will be a win. I've been so slow to start the new year and get motivated to finish my books. I've just been lingering in them, soaking them up slowly but still finding so many more books I'd like to read. I'll try to post a mid-week update in a few days with how I'm doing, and check out some of the other participants' lists for new ideas and fun reading plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment